Canadian Educational Services – College Profile – Fight Academy, Ontario and Quebec
CES is placing student pilots with a high quality flying academy in the Niagara Falls, Ontario area and in Gatineau, Quebec . As one of Canada’s oldest and well established flight training providers, specializing in commercial and private flight programs and simulations, the academy has successfully trained many pilots both at the private and commercial level.
The Academy specializes in training both domestic and international students and their company executives have an exceptional track record with the FAA, USA and Transport Canada, the federal government.
The Commercial Pilot Program is an accelerated, structured program that allows students to obtain the necessary flight training to be able to transition into the role of a commercial pilot position. This program meets and exceeds all FAA, DGCA, IAIO, GCAA & CAA requirements. Students learn and acquire the essential skills for aeronautical decision making during this program.
This innovative course schedules a complete program of training to allow the student to progress from a level of no flying experience to the issuance of a FAA/Transport Canada Commercial Multi-Engine pilot’s license.
Their Professional Pilot Program takes students from their Private License all the way to their Commercial Multi-Engine License. The order of courses students will take is as follows:
Pilot Training Phase (Estimated 12 Month Duration). During the training phase students will obtain the following flight training:
Student should have a minimum of 10th grade with preferred 12th grade with Math; IELTS/TOFEL for the aviation program is not a requirement in Canada to obtain the student visa.
FAA/Transport Canada Private Pilot License (PPL)
- 50 Hours Cessna 152 Aircraft
- 30 Hours Dual Flight Instruction
- 40 Hours Ground Instruction
Hour Building Phase
- 80 Hours Cessna 152 Aircraft (aircraft upgrade available)
- 15 Hours Night Rating
FAA/Transport Canada CP & Instrument Rating (IR) -
- 17 Hours Cessna 172 G1000 GLASS Aircraft (As Available)
- 15 Hours Cessna 172RG Aircraft
- 20 Hours Flight Simulator
- 40 Hours Dual Flight Instruction
- 30 Hours Ground Instruction
FAA/Transport Canada Commercial Multi-Engine License (CPLME)
- 20 Hours PA34 Seneca
- 20 Hours Dual Flight Instruction
- 20 Hours Ground Instruction
- - 4 Written Exams (PPL, IR, CPL, ME)
- - 4 Examiner Fees (PPL, IR, CPL, ME)
- - 1 Medical Exam
- - Transportation, Books, Supplies, Headset, Aero T-Shirt& Pilot Shirt
TOTAL ESTIMATED COST: $44,500*
Upon successful completion of the training phase, our students will have logged a minimum of 220 hours and be the holder a FAA or Transport Canada Multi Engine Commercial License with an Instrument Rating.
*Prices are based on the minimum hour requirements to complete the required training. It is not guaranteed that students will complete their training in the number of hours or time frame stated. In some cases, additional training may be required for students to complete. Should students exceed any flight/ground hours or require longer than 6 months, they will be responsible for the additional costs. Please plan and budget for these additional costs that may occur. Aircraft upgrades are additional costs. Prices are subject to change without notice. All tuition fee payments are minimum retained for a period of 2 years from the date of payment.
**Fuel surcharges are subject to change, depending on current costs of fuel. Should there be an increase in fuel costs, additional cost may apply.
Costs and Payment Details
Food and Misc. Living Expenses
Any student who pays the full tuition fee upfront will be allocated a $500 discount and 5 FREE Simulator hours.
The Academy has shared accommodations available for all of its International Students. Upon request, the Academy will forward information on the accommodations we have available. Each of their student apartments offers a fully equipped Kitchen (including a fridge and microwave oven) as well as a washer and dryer, all starting at only a $115 per week for shared bedroom or $220 per week for single bedroom plus utilities. The transportation from the flight school apartments to the school and back will be provided for $75 per month.
With a wide selection of restaurants offering traditional cultural food as well as a variety of local grocery stores specializing in all types of food products, students should have little difficulty preparing meals to meet all culinary tastes! Within close proximity to major malls, grocery stores and entertainment centers, their student housing will provide students with everything they may need during their stay in Canada. In addition to student housing, the Academy has also arranged special discounted rates for Student Pilots at the 4-Star Days Inn Hotel, which includes a continental breakfast for just $38 per day for a shared room or $45 per day for a single-occupant.
Once they have received completed student application and deposit, the Academy will confirm the booking and open an account ready for the student arrival. The arrival procedure is standardized to avoid unnecessary delays and inconvenience. If the student request accommodations, they will initially make a reservation until the “training start date.” On the official “training start date,” they will move the student into the student housing.
Why choose to learn to fly in Canada
- The Academy follows a TC/FAA and Transport Canada approved syllabus, which are DGCA, IAIO, GCAA and CAA compliant.
- The Academy has established office and flight school affiliation in Canada and USA.
- The Academy will provide students with 200+ Hours of Ground School Training in all of the required subject areas.
- The RT license will be directly converted to the student country’s RT.
- The Academy is the only school that provides free complimentary transportation to and from the Airport and the Apartment Residence or Hotel.
- The Academy provides its students with a optional Survival Training Course.
- Special Seminars on Airport Security and Counter Terrorism are provided. Transport Canada Safety Seminars are also held in house.
- Field trips to International Airport, Bombardier Aircraft Manufacturing Facility, Diamond Aircraft Manufacturing Facility and Flight Safety International Training Center. Complementary Niagara Tours, National Park’s and Lake Tours.
- Special discounted rates for furnished apartments and hotels.
- Special discounted food packages for Indian, Iranian, Chinese, Japanese, African, Middle East and More.
- Group Benefit: We take special care to introduce new students to all of the students who they will be working with over the course of their session. The student and their family will be given many opportunities to meet and make friends and even choose roommates if so desired.
- The Academy has its own office in U.A.E, China, India, Vietnam, Bangladesh and Nepal.
- The Academy will provide students with assistance in obtaining Student Visas as well as with job placement after successful completion of the course. Complete and unconditional assistance is also provided to help convert their Commercial Pilot License to their respective country’s Pilot License upon return home.
“The Academy Will Take Care of the student from the Minute they Arrive”
- The Academy will pick up the student at the International Airport and then transfer them to the Academy’s Apartments.
- Upon arrival at the Academy, the student will be introduced to the Flight and Ground Instructor.
- The Instructor will provide students with all Required Documentation, Material, Books and Guided Tour of the Academy, Hanger, Aircrafts and Airport key points.
- The Instructor will provide the student with their Flight Training Schedule and weekly progress will be provided to by the Chief Flight Instructor.
- The Instructor will be responsible for student well being and comfort at all times – Educational, Flight Training or Personal.
The first thing to do to get started with them goes as follows
Step 1) On-line enrollment.
Step 2) Along with the application, a non-refundable deposit of $495 is required to Issue acceptance letter for the student visa.
Step 3) Once they complete the Application, we’ll Immediately issue the acceptance letter and mail it back to student so that they can set up an appointment with the embassy in their country in order to receive their student visa. *This process can take up to a couple months so if the student is looking to begin their flight training in the near future, it is recommended that they plan at least 2 months in advance.
Finding the right flight school is one of the most important decisions a student can make for their career. The Academy has been training professional pilots here for over 35 years and their track record is impeccable. Their instructors are very experienced and we will train students in a professional manner. They pride themselves in their work here and when they do a job, it’s done correctly.
Is there an age limit for students (lower and upper)?
Lower YES - 17 years and above and no limit for upper as we have pilots who are 65 years old.
Is there a height requirement?
The pilot who is going for commercial flying should be 5 feet and above. Officially there are no height limits.
Is there a vision requirement?
Yes the pilot should have 20/20 vision or correctable by use of glasses.
Will the students be eligible to apply for PR in Canada upon graduation?
No not the PR, but if continued education for Flight Instructor is done, they will be able to apply for WORK PERMIT and then PR, a process of 3 years.
Can the students convert from a student visa to a work permit?
Yes only if his or her education is completed.
Is there a good opportunity to find a job in Canada?
Yes at present on the lower end, we have shortage of Flight Instructors, Charter Pilots.